Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Claire's Cowboy Caviar

A close friend of mine shared this recipe with me and I just got it all thrown together for our dinner tomorrow night. I added a can of rinsed pinto beans to it. I plan on using tortilla chips and multigrain chips from Costco. Claire really loves it with Fritos. I also plan on cooking up some chopped up chicken and throwing it in there to add some protein and make it go further for my family of seven :)


1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed to get all the gooey stuff out.
1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed to get all the gooey stuff out.
3 -4 tomatoes (I used tomatoes on the vine)
3-4 avocados, diced
1 bunch green onion
1 bunch cilantro (more if you love it!)
1 pkg of dry Italian dressing (make according to pkg directions) - I just sprinkled on the dry stuff to taste.

Chop, pour and blend together. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment