Friday, February 26, 2010

Ann's Caramel Popcorn ~ SINFULLY DELICIOUS!!

I got this recipe from my neighbor and I made it for my daughter's birthday party tonight. As much as the kids devoured it, I may have eaten half the batch all on my own!! ...and slightly drooled on the keyboard typing this recipe for you all right now! SOOOO GOOD!!!

20 cups popped corn
2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter or margarine
½ cup white karo syrup
½ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
½ tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Cream of tartar

Bring to a boil, sugar, margarine, karo and salt. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix well. Pour over popcorn. Put in large roaster. Place in 250* oven for ½ hour. Stir every 15 minutes. Pour on wax paper. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment