Thursday, January 14, 2010

Creamy Ground Beef Tetrazzini

This was a *HUGE* hit with the kids!!

1 pkg (1lb) spaghetti
1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 - 1 onion, chopped (I did 1/2 an onion cause my kids aren't huge onion fans)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbls olive oil
3 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 can chicken broth
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
2 c grated parmesan cheese (I used the parm from the Kraft green bottle)

Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. While spaghetti is cooking, in a LARGE skillet saute onions and garlic and ground beef in the olive oil. When ground beef is nearly done, add mushrooms, cover and cook for 5 minutes. (Just enough to cook the mushrooms) Sprinkle in italian seasoning and pepper and then stir in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth. Mix well and heat through. Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stir in cooked spaghetti. Mix all together and serve. I served this with the Herbed Garlic Bread (recipe also on this blog) but on the bread I also added mozzarella cheese to make it cheese bread. ENJOY!!

To have this as leftovers and to keep it creamy, I poured it all back into the large skillet and stirred in a cup of chicken broth and heated it up. My son had three helpings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment