Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup



Chicken or Turkey Noodle Soup

5 cups of Chicken Broth (I make my own)
2 Chicken Breasts or Turkey, cooked and shredded or cut into cubes
Celery, chopped
Carrots, chopped
Peas
Corn
Green Beans
Zucchini
Egg noodles or other pasta (about a half of a 1# bag-add more broth if necessary)

Boil or cook your meat. This takes about 20 minutes if you use a couple of chicken/turkey breasts. Run under cool water and use a fork to shred or cut into cubes. In a large saucepan add chicken broth and rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer while noodles cook. It should be done in 5-7 minutes after boiling starts.

I start by making the broth and then I toss everything else in. I shred extra chicken from other meals and put it in the freezer. I use a bag of frozen veggies or freeze my extra veggies before they go bad. If you have the veggies and meat all in the same place in the freezer you only need to open bags and dump it in the pot. This is a quick soup for after a baby or even during labor at home if you prepare the ingredients and freeze them.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see how you make yours, and the tricks with freezing! I have made chicken soup a few times lately so this is a good reference for me. Love that you make your own broth.

    ReplyDelete