Saturday, April 25, 2009

Entertaining Dinner Guests -- What Do You Serve?

--I would like to send out  a request to everyone -- What are your favorite entertaining recipes? When you have folks over for a nice dinner, what do you serve them?  You don't have to post the recipe, if you don't want, a list of your menu would suffice.  

When we have guests, I usually make breaded chicken (or Schnitzel), rice pilaf, rolls and a vegtable.

The meals and food items I prepare usually fall into a few categories: 
- pot luck and holiday, 
- home cooking (Includes kid-friendly foods) 
- entertaining, and 
- organic (for us that means whole-grain and vegetarian type dishes).  

Since being married I have concentrated on the home cooking and organic food prep, because I have been practicing making my husband the foods that he loves.  I have a few recipes that I make for entertaining, but would like to broaden my menus.  Let me know what you do for guests at your house!

2 comments:

  1. I have a recipe for an appetizer for stuffed mushrooms that is different but SO GOOD! I've been surprised at how many people love them. I'll have to post it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get nervous in the entertaining department because I am self-conscious about my cooking skills. We eat a lot differently than most people, so I try to make something that is "universal", such as chicken enchiladas, chicken tortellini casserole (which I will post the recipe for soon!), or crockpot turkey and mashed potatoes. I also love to have a barbecue, because it is easy and most people can find something they like. If you have any organic or vegetarian recipes, I would LOVE you to post them, since that is what we eat a lot of!

    ReplyDelete