Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Corn Salsa

We make a small meal out of this salsa. It's a huge hit with my family and my book group.

Corn Salsa
1 can Corn, drained
1 can Beans, drained - any kind (black, kidney, black-eyed peas, etc.)*
4-6 Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
4-5 Green Onions, chopped
1-2 Avocados (optional)
1/4-1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped (to taste)
1 package Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix (mix as directed
OR 1-8 oz. bottle of the above mentioned dressing.

Mix together and serve with chips. It tastes better if made several hours (or even a day) before eating.

*If you want fresh beans you can prepare and cook 1/4-1/3 cups of dried beans, but it takes a lot longer.

I haven't tried using another italian dressing, but I've been told that the salsa is just not the same if you don't use the Good Seasonings Italian Dressing. Play around with it by adding different beans, black olives, or other veggies. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a recipe for this! My husband LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow that was the best. Made it for dinner tonight...the ratio of all the ingredients was perfect. We like extra beans so I added a can of garbanzo beans. Thanks Brandi!

    ReplyDelete