Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

This recipe is adapted from the Family Recipes book from the LDS Dry Pack Cannery. It calls for wheat, but I typically use other grains in place of 1/2 the wheat. I haven't tried replacing all of the wheat with another grain, but I imagine it would work. I've adapted it for my family. I always double the recipe for my family of 7 (includes a baby at the time of writing). This is the recipe from my Facebook note that Bonnie mentioned previously.

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

Prepare the following before starting the blender. This ensures that the blender doesn't get bogged down because of the thickness of the wheat and water before you can add more wet ingredients.

Mix in a bowl together:
2 eggs
2 Tbs. Oil (I use canola or coconut)
2 Tbs. Honey or Sucanat (sugar works too)

Combine in another bowl:
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Salt

Put the following ingredients in the blender on high for 4-5 minutes (1-2 if you use a Vitamix or Blendtec).

1 cup Water or Rice Milk (you can use cows milk)
1 cup Wheat Berries (uncooked) - OR replace 1/2 with another grain like oats or millet

Then add egg mixture and then the rest of the dry ingredients. Cook pancakes on a hot griddle.

For Blender Waffles
Add one additional Tbs. of Wheat or other grain. Also increase the oil to 4 Tbs. Cook in hot wafflemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment